Monday, October 12, 2009

Week 2 in Morgantown with LIA

Wow. That is the only word I can seem to utter right now, thinking about my week with Lia. This was my first SYPMTOM-FREE week in a long time. No nightmares, no flashbacks, no hallucinations. It was a sign that this is one of the greatest things happening to me. Lia is that key to unlocking the potential for me to have a great life. It was a great week. I arrived Sunday night, and Kyria brought Lia to me at the hotel. She would be staying in the hotel with me for the week. It was nice having her there with me, to be my right-hand gal. Monday, we just hung out and let our bond rekindle. Tuesday, we went to Starbuck's for a little bit, and later that afternoon, we went to Hazleton to meet with Heidi and Mr. Johnson and Co. It was very helpful to speak with these gentlemen to work out some small issues I was having with Lia. But, it turned out it was me making the mistake, not her. So, I squared myself and the commands away, with the help of Heidi. Wednesday, Lia and I went to the Cooper Rock State Park and took a walk around the area, and down to the overlook. It was great and gave Lia the chance to just be a dog and enjoy the sights and smells. Thursday, we met Heidi at PetCo. Had a little trouble keeping Lia focused at first, but after a few dry runs and plenty of treats/praise, things fell in to order. She did so good! We went into Target and some shoe store, also. She did so awesome. I really feel that me and Lia were meant to be together, helping each other. On Friday, I met Kyria, Heidi, and Mr. Henry at the Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Lia was so responsive to me and we were seeing "eye-to-eye." After breakfast, I followed Heidi and Mr. Henry to the Morgantown prison for a presentation. This was were I said my goodbyes to Lia and headed home. It was a GREAT trip and I enjoyed every minute with Lia. I look forward to the next time we get to hang out, and to eventually having her placed with me.