Sunday, February 28, 2010

This past week has been great...

Sorry it took me so long to get an update here on the blog, but internet here in the bricks is wireless and when it's down, it's down. Things have been great since my battle buddy LIA arrived. We have taken my problems in stride and pushed through them. I am still working on a lot of them, but they are all managable with LIA by my side. The weather here has been crazy and one day it's 60 degrees and sunny and the next it's 30 and raining. Typical Camp Lejeune weather. Not much to update on. We met with Terry, Kyria, and Buf at the MCX annex on Thursday. It was great seeing them again, even though I am going to spend two weeks with them starting the 8th. I am looking forward to helping influence other veterans and service members. It is an exciting process. Yesterday, I took LIA out to Topsail Island while the weather held and she loved it. We ate at Buddy's Saloon on the water and she was great. Everyone there was so interested in her and I spread the word of the organization. Then, we walked a little ways on the beach. She isn't so sure of the waves, since they come and they go. She would walk towards the water when they went out, then run back when they came in again. It was pretty cool. I will take the video camera on the next outing and get some footage. Well, that is that until next time.