Wednesday, April 7, 2010

11:55 a.m. wednesday

Good afternoon, everyone. It's been a while since I have gotten a chance to blog, two weeks at least. Things have been looking up medically for me. I am almost positive that surgery will not be neccessary at this point. My pain is being managed well and I am getting more active again. LIA has been completely by my side the whole time. It's been important for me to have her there as "my rock" when life's tests roll in.
I just read the story about the family and their service animal being kicked out of a store. I really do hope that the awareness of service animals picks up and people realize that these animals are changing lives. LIA has completely changed my life and made my everyday challenges into mere speedbumps. Sure, there will be hard times ahead, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

LIA and I started the Paul get-back-in-shape program with beach walks/river walks yesterday. I hope to be able to do it four times a week, if my headaches will allow it.

LIA has been doing great. In the last few weeks, we have been a bunch of places and seen a bunch of new things. We went to Portsmouth Naval Medical Center for my appointments with the neurosurgeons. We went to many local Norfolk businesses and spent some time sitting by the water. Weather wasn't the best to do that it, but it worked out. I have noticed in the local area and all military locations that I have been to, that the military members and civilians on post, know what LIA is doing in the store, or restaurant. For the most part, we have had it smooth with the public aspect since she arrived, minus the small gas station incident.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Easter Holiday.

Semper Fi,
Paul